Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
About the Role and the Department
This part-time (20 hours per week starting May 1st, 2021 through September 1st, 2021), contract position is an opportunity to assist a high-growth social enterprise in growing a diverse and talented team. The Recruiting Contractor will report into the Recruiting Manager, and work alongside the People Operations team.
- Unwavering attention to detail: You are meticulous and have excellent organizational skills.
- Empathetic communicator: You hold a genuine care for the well-being of other people and have a natural sense of people’s concerns and motivations.
- Low ego: You have a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves mindset that helps you be highly adaptable and ready to take on whatever needs to be done.
- Sourcing candidates for Catchafire’s open roles, or other roles as assigned by the Recruiting Manager, via LinkedIn Recruiter or other sourcing tools, with a starting goal of sourcing 40 candidates per week. This includes identifying new sources of candidates and working with Catchafire’s recruiting team to build relationships with those sources as appropriate.
- Creating and maintaining diverse outbound candidate pipelines and adhering to Catchafire’s internal Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion metrics as set for each open role
- Updating internal Catchafire recruiting & sourcing tracking systems
- Qualifying candidates and reporting on sourcing progress at regular check ins with the Recruiting Manager and/or Catchafire recruiting team
- Tracking search criteria, and helping to identify the optimal search criteria for the role
- Executing outbound messaging cadences via email or InMail to qualified candidates
- Connecting interested candidates to the Recruiting Manager or member of the Catchafire recruiting team for interview scheduling, and assisting in ad hoc scheduling needs as weekly capacity allows
- Organizing candidate materials such as resumes and application letters into designated Google Drive folders to share out to internal interview teams as needed for interview prep
- Monitoring inbound applications Catchafire receives and/or hiring managers forward to coordinate initial interviews
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most, if not all, of the following needs:
- Experience working in, leading, or supporting Recruiting, Human Resources, and/or People Operations teams (perhaps 2+ years relevant experience)
- Experience finding and/or retaining talent (full time, part time, or volunteer)
- Experience creating diverse candidate pipelines that are in support of internal Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion priorities through knowledge of sourcing best practices and/or access to professional networks
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems or similar project management tools
- Excellent desk management skills and ability to keep all relevant candidate materials organized and quickly accessible
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to [email protected]. Please specify "Recruiting Contractor"in the subject, and include a brief paragraph(150 words or less) about your interest in the role in lieu of a cover letter.
This is a remote contractor role. We will start with a 4 month contract, with the possibility to extend beyond 4 months.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.