Associate Product Manager
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
About Role and the Department
Catchafire’s Platform team comprises product, engineering, UX and design, and QA. The Platform team is collectively responsible for building, innovating, and maintaining Catchafire’s skills-based volunteering marketplace platform.
As an Associate Product Manager you will play a critical role working closely with the rest of the Platform team on key activities related to product development and QA, and working cross-functionally to gather inputs, define scopes of work, solicit feedback, and report out.
At Catchafire, we feel that building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team culture is critical to our organization’s mission, and our vision of an empathetic, inclusive, and loving world. We are seeking individuals motivated to continue on this journey with us.
- Collaborative: You work seamlessly with a wide range of teams in order to create solutions. You build strong relationships with your teammates, elevate work across teams, and are adept at getting what you need from the many stakeholders involved in cross-functional work.
- Technology Lover: Your finger is on the pulse of the best-in-class technologies and products available in the marketplace for digital consumers.
- User-focused: You want to deeply understand the nonprofit sector, our nonprofit and volunteer users, and what critical problems our product is solving. You are motivated by the Catchafire vision to transform the nonprofit sector.
- Fast Study, Systems Thinker: You synthesize information quickly and are constantly driving improvements based on new information and learnings. You structure your own work in a systematic, scalable way to maximize learning and help you and your team accomplish goals efficiently.
- Meticulous Multitasker: You are detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills. You are efficient and can manage a range of priorities to keep progress going on many fronts at once.
Responsibilities of the Associate Product Manager
The Associate Product Manager supports the end-to-end product development process from inception and research, to QA and feature review (and everything in between).
- Inception & Research: Conduct qualitative and quantitative research (eg user interviews, surveys, data analysis) to support development of new product features.
- Planning: Contribute to the product roadmap, feature backlog, and product documentation by creating user stories, user flows, functional specifications, and test plans.
- Cross Functional Collaboration: Liaise with internal teams to collect feedback, requests, and ideas for product enhancements, and to provide updates on in-progress product features.
- Project Management: Coordinate with product owners, UX designers, and engineers on product development projects to ensure timely delivery.
- QA & UAT: Complete thorough quality assurance testing for new product features, bug fixes, and other updates prior to release.
- Results Measurement & Monitoring: Use data analytics software to understand the performance of product features relative to benchmarks and business goals. Identify opportunities to improve product features based on metrics and KPIs.
Experience / Background
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most, of if not all, of the following needs:
- Progressive professional experience (likely more than 2 years) in a dynamic environment, startup environment, OR in a product or product-adjacent function (including product marketing, data, technology, or QA)
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines
- Track record of executing in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in and aptitude for quantitative and qualitative research and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and systems quickly
- Familiarity with or interest in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and specifically how these concepts manifest in a professional setting
The following is a list of optional, “nice to have” experiences that would aid in a candidate’s ability to ramp up quickly in this role. Applicants are not expected to have any of the following in order to apply / be considered for this role:
- Experience working with Saas model platform or related digital workflow tool
- Experience working with design and/or technology teams
- Experience with marketplace platforms
- Experience working on digital product for nonprofit end-users
- Experience using SQL, Google Analytics, Fullstory, Tableau, or other similar tools
How to Apply
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to [email protected]. Please specify "Associate Product Manager"in the subject, and include short answers (150 words or less) to the following questions in lieu of a formal cover letter:
- What excites you about joining the Platform team at Catchafire?
- What’s something you’re passionate about?
Catchafire’s office is based in NYC, though we will be working remotely as long as COVID-19 persists. We consider our employees’ safety as a top priority and we will continue to assess our return date and when we will resume work travel as the situation progresses. We also provide accommodations to help with home office set up.
The Associate Product Manager role may be remote full time, with the expectation that the employee is willing and able to travel to the NYC office periodically as deemed necessary and beneficial.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.