We hire individuals who are motivated to change the world. We seek diverse, mission-driven professionals who embody our values of 100% responsibility, entrepreneurial leadership, growth mindset, radical candor, and mindfulness. Our people are on a constant pursuit of professional and personal growth, and believe that time spent on high-value activities can ignite positive social change.
We are at the intersection of many worlds (for-profit and nonprofit; purpose and business; talent development and corporate social responsibility), and we seek to break down the barriers between these silos to allow talent and resources to flow more freely.
We’re searching for teammates who will help realize our mission. We are an ego-free, passionate, and collaborative team striving to make giving your skills commonplace. Our company culture– a blend of social enterprise, tech startup, and classroom laboratory– gives our employees a unique opportunity to create a more equitable, efficient and effective social good sector, and a more compassionate world.
If you’re passionate about the Catchafire team, but don’t see a clear role for you, we’d still love to hear from you. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify "General Application” in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What is your personal philosophy on work? (3) How will your unique skill set elevate the Catchafire team?
All Catchafire roles unless otherwise stated are based in New York City.
Manager, Nonprofit Engagement
Essence of the Role
The Manager, Nonprofit Engagement strengthens our relationships with nonprofit members, pulls new nonprofits to Catchafire, and acts as a nonprofit subject matter expert. You are the face and voice of Catchafire for our nonprofit users, drawing people to you and to Catchafire. You will do this in several ways: (1) help to onboard our nonprofit grantees (2) support our Foundation Accounts team by facilitating and leading community events and cultivating relationships with our nonprofits (3) elevating the Engagement team by bringing your creative ideas and innovations.
- Act as a professional and enthusiastic ambassador of Catchafire
- Run nonprofit information sessions to introduce new users to Catchafire
- Identify and cultivate relationships with high performing nonprofit leaders in our community to leverage for case studies, speaking engagements, and feedback
- Speak with individual nonprofit leaders to understand their challenges and recommend Catchafire solutions
- Represent Catchafire at conferences and events
- Write stories, case studies, and impact reports about our nonprofits’ success
- Participate in the creation and management of topical webinars to increase nonprofit success on Catchafire
- Up to 50% travel time (mostly US-based) required
- Storyteller: You can weave a captivating story, and tell your own nonprofit story in an authentic and compelling way. You can do this both in front of a group and through a carefully crafted written story.
- Evangelist: You enjoy influencing and convincing anyone to come along with you on your journey. You convey such a passion when you speak that when you’re done, people will ask if you founded Catchafire!
- Effective Relationship Builder: You’ve never met a person you can’t see the good in, and you are able to build instant trust and credibility. You’re as comfortable interacting with a room full of young professionals as you are with the director of a national foundation.
- Energized by being on the move: You want a role that allows you to travel to anywhere from 2-5 locations in a month - you’re not ready to sit still. However, when you're back in the office, you know how to focus on leading projects and tasks that further our mission.
- Collaborative Project Manager: You are able to organize project tasks, assemble the team and engage stakeholders from start to finish. You take the time to communicate with brevity and clarity and always bring a mix of open-mindedness and radical candor to make ideas, executions, and teammates better. You are empathetic and supportive, thriving in a team-focused environment.
Experience / Background
You must have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience in/understanding of the nonprofit sector and its challenges
- Experience building community and engaging others
- Comfort with presentation and facilitation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience with both live and virtual events preferred
We’d love to see (but don’t require):
- You’ve got a passion for and skillset in a particular skill area (websites/technology, marketing or design, strategy, finance & operations)
- You’re passionate about and knowledgeable in a particular nonprofit cause area (environmental, arts, education)
- You have project management experience
- You’re a Catchafire nonprofit user
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify "Manager, Nonprofit Engagement" in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) If you needed to teach skills to nonprofits, what would you be an “expert” in?
Please send along any videos of you speaking or blogs or articles you’ve written!
This position is based in New York City, but you can work remotely after one year if you live near a major U.S. airport.
Content & Engagement Strategist
About the Role
Catchafire makes it easy for anyone to use their talents for good and provides nonprofits with access to skills-based volunteers who are professionals in their domain. It's an exciting time here at Catchafire as our demand from nonprofits for expert help grows, we’re ready to take our marketing channels to the next level.
We’re looking for a creative writer and digital marketer to join our lean, centralized Marketing team. Our team of four is responsible for all visual design and copy put out across social, press, email marketing, and paid advertising. You will be working to build out our social media presence, email engagement and press opportunities. You will help build a content strategy and be supporting our cross-channel marketing approach that generates community growth, drives brand awareness, and establishes Catchafire as a leader in the social good and volunteer space. Ideal candidates are go-getters who are ambitious and love the challenge of uncovering interesting narratives and digital content angles. This role will report to the Senior Marketing Manager and is based in New York City.
We want to meet you if you are creative, resourceful and have a way with words. Look at a few of our recent pieces: The Future of Social Good Work Summit, 2019 Impact Report, and Nonprofits are Stronger Because of Skills-Based Volunteers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as our lead writer and editor for our community newsletter, press releases and external branded content.
- Partner with Marketing teammates to create and execute a cross-channel content calendar of timely and relevant content across email, organic social, blogs and press (copy and cadence).
- Collect and track member stories and contact information, then lead the outreach for brand storytelling which can be through email, blog posts, and social media campaigns.
- Pitch nonprofit stories to regional outlets.
- Monitor and respond to comments and engagement daily.
- Grow our social following using strategic growth strategies and innovative content.
- Analyze performance of our social and email content.
- Highly Systematic: You get stuff done, with a bias for action and execution. You can self-manage your workload and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Structured collaborator: You work methodically and like to create appropriate and effective structures to help you and your team accomplish goals. You are a star implementer and excellent team player who is able to manage up, down, sideways and crossways to ensure success.
- Imaginative Communicator: You are able to write both creatively and directly in order to create powerful campaigns. You are hungry for responsibility and comfortable working in an agile environment with evolving strategies.
- Brand Builder: You have an appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements. Copy doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and you believe words and design have to work together. Note: You’ll have a graphic designer to partner with and take your content ideas to the next level.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ideal candidates must have:
- 4+ years experience shaping compelling and standout marketing copy
- Evidence building a social following
- Experience with A/B testing
- Familiarity monitoring engagement and analyzing data
It would be nice if you had:
- Paid experience
- SEO experience
- Knack for shooting and editing photo and video content for use across all content platforms
You’ll love this job if…
- You’ve spent at least 2 years in a similar role with direct experience working on digital platform deliverables and are hungry to have more ownership.
- You’ve been part of a large brand strategy team (nonprofit or for-profit) and know the potential content marketing can have on business development.
- You have an ear to the ground on social causes, movements, and current events.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. and:
- Please specify "Writer” in the subject
- Attach your resume
- Share your portfolio of work that showcases your abilities as a highly creative and imaginative copywriter (press releases, blogs, and/or social copy are recommended)
- Instead of a traditional cover letter, Include answers to the following questions:
- In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Be creative and say something that will catch our eye.
- In 2-3 paragraphs, tell us about a social cause you are passionate about with the intent to recruit volunteers.
This position is based in New York City.